Not far from the Villeneuve abbey, the Epinay castle was rebuilt by Louis Joseph de Mélient (Lord of Augeoire and Vigneau) on the site of an older castle destroyed in 1794. Il has belonged to the Ternay family since 1872.
There we can also see a private chapel built in 1830 and the Mélients' coat of arms.
The stables date back to 1830. They are open to visitors only on particular events such as the European Heritage Days.